Translate

Monday, November 25, 2013

MY MARE PUNK...




"There are no differences in the look, in the silhouettes, color and textures, between adults and children, in this collection. The message is clear and sharp: I want to dress like my mom or, like my daddy"...





MIRANDA MARE... PUNK CHIC 
                                        &
                               PUNK ROCK... COLLECTION.


Miranda "Mare" ("Sea" in Italian), it is my signature of swimming wear brand, for men and women, which focuses on the creations of relaxing garments to "dress up" on the beach, where in mostly of cases the customer can create his own and singular look, because each garment can be purchased separately, mixing references and sizes, and this collection is not the exception.  But definitely the most important aspect is the fact that, because of the basic silhouettes and neutral colors present in therein, the collection, is completely timeless, because was, it is and perfectly will be in force in the near future.

And I love when a fashion collection, talk by itself alone, because of the silhouettes, the color, textures, and finishes, but besides that, like in this case, the issue of collection is printed, like a visual texture or graffiti that yells, as well as, a rock singer on a live concert does; underlining the name of this collection: "Punk Chic & Punk Rock".

But definitely this is what I call an "CCC"  collection: classical, classy, and chic
  • It is classical, formal, refined, and it is continuously in fashion because of its simple and basic style in the silhouettes, characterized by simplicity, balance, regularity, and purity of form. The basic bikini, two -piece, triangular shaped is the piece queen of this collection for ladies and girls, and  the swimsuit brief, low waist, it is the king, to  gentlemen and boys.  There are no differences in the look, in the silhouettes, color and textures, between adults and children, in this collection. The message is clear and sharp: I want to dress like my mom or like my daddy.
  • It is classy because is glamorous, without being flashy.
  • And It is chic because of smart elegance and sophistication.


  • My accessories on this collection are unisex, and handmade it by myself, in leather, metallic beads, and metal pins, using the macramé technique.



  • I was the first designer that introduced, in Colombia, the swimsuit brief, with low-waist, for men in different styles, from the boxers to the G- string style. And here Luis Guillermo (the boy) and Esteban Lopez, are wearing the low waist swim suit brief, with mimicking leather finished, and they look like real protagonists of the MIB 3 movie "the Men in Black".


  • I love my stretch fabric, mimicking leather texture, it is handmade, piece on piece, and it is very very punk.


  • Laura, striking a pose, for the photographer. 


  • I love the pictures, and in this one, in particular where the models seem to be thinking about: "I am like my mom", thinks Laura. And Mónica thinks: "My daughter is smart like me".





Models: Laura Figueroa, Monica Londono, Luis Guillermo Miranda and Esteban Lopez.
Photographer: Tavo Lopez.
Designer: John Miranda.




No comments:

Post a Comment